Bluehost WordPress Hosting Review
A lot of new website owners/bloggers and content creators face a similar problem when starting out – what hosting plan to use for wordpress?
I faced that same issue for a while until I found the perfect hosting company – bluehost.
Bluehost has made everything very easy.
I used other companies before bluehost, but I was always dissatisfied with speed time and the customer support was terrible. With the latest bluehost PHP 7.0, my site has been very fast.
I have little or no hosting issues and they have been fantastic partners for the past 5 years I have used them.
According to this 2019 article by TechRadar, Bluehost was ranked the number 2 wordpress hosting in the world.
Inmotion was ranked as number 1 in the world. As a blogger, website owner or content creator. I would choose bluehost over them because bluehost comes Unmetered bandwidth, WooCommerce Support and a free domain.
Bluehost WordPress Hosting Review from Experts
Bluehost is one of the oldest web hosts on the internet. It was created in 1996.
WordPress recommends bluehost as an official hosting platform for their costumers.
Whether you are a beginner, a large business or corporation, bluehost has a hosting plan suited for you.
Still on the fence whether bluehost is the right choice for you, check out this bluehost wordpress hosting review done by several experts.
In this complete bluehost wordpress hosting review, you would see what they have to offer and if it is worth trying.
The areas we would be looking into:
Performance – How fast your website would load with bluehost. Speed time and server response would be tested.
Reliability – Would there be any downtime on your website i.e would your website be up and running 24/7, 365 days of the year?
Customer Support – How effective is their technical support to customers?
Features – Does bluehost offer all the features you would need to build an amazing website.
Pricing – Compared to the other hosting available, how does bluehost pricing fair. Do they help you save money?
You are not interested in reading the long details?
Let me give it you straight. Bluehost is an amazing option. They are reliable, fast, safe, affordable with 24/7 support. Don’t forget you get a free domain when you host with them.
I recommend bluehost for your use as they are one of the best if not the best wordpress hosting.
For those interested in the complete review, let’s dive in.
Pros and Cons of Bluehost
Every business has its own pros and cons. Some you can live with and some you can’t.
Fortunately, bluehost has a lot of pros and a few cons which can be easily taken care of.
The following are the pros and cons of bluehost:
- Pricing: Bluehost prices are very reasonable especially for people who are just starting out or have low budgets.
- Reliability: Bluehost power millions of websites on the internet with minimum downtime.
- Hidden Charges: They are transparent. There are no hidden charges when you sign up with them.
- Free domain: When you sign up with them, you get a free domain.
- 24/7 Customer care support
- Contains Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Full support for Manage WP
The very minimal disadvantages you should know before you sign up
- Renewal prices: Their fee for renewal gets higher than the price you started with. (Cheat for my readers – To escape this increased renewal prices, register your hosting for more than 1 year. The higher the numbers of years you register, you see a significant decrease in price).
- Add-ons: When signing up, they try to aggressively sell you some additional feautures to go with your hosting ( The good news is that you easily uncheck all these add-ons if you are not interested)
Let me send you a PDF file on the Productivity System: Definitive Guide 2019 so you can read it whenever it’s convenient. Put in your best email.
The first thing to consider in any hosting platform is their customer support. In this aspect, bluehost gets a 10/10.
- 24/7 live support via chat and phone
- A help base that is very in-depth and expansive.
When you make an enquiry via the live chat, it would take them up to 5 – 20 minutes to reply you.
Their support specialists are very reasonable, polite and they have substantial knowledge about bluehost and wordpress.
They have given me several advices on how to increase my website speed and the best plans for me.
When checking out the performance of a web host, the key thing to look out for is speed.
Your speed affects both your users experience on your site (click through rage and bounce rate) and also your wordpress SEO rankings.
What would a 1 second drop in site speed do to your website?
– according to studies, this can cause a 7% reduction in conversion rates.
What about a 3 second drop?
– a 3 second delay can cause you 50% loss in traffic.
Check out how fast your website would load with bluehost.
Speed Test Results
A fast web hosting leads to a fast website. After creating a dummy website, let’s see how fast bluehost can get.
After creating a dummy website using bluehost, pingdom was used to check out the speed results.
From the image above, you can see that the websites loads in less than 2 seconds. It was also faster than 85% of other websites.
Since this is a new website, no plugging or caches have been installed. When installed, the speed performance would be close to a 100.
With implementation of speed optimization, the results would be remarkable.
We won’t be using only the results of pingdom to determine how fast the host is since the dummy traffic on the website is minimal.
Using a tool called Load Impact, virtual users were sent to the site to see how bluehost would deal with increased traffic.
Traffic was gradually increased to 100. This allows us to see how bluehost would deal with increase traffic and requests from multiple connections at once.
The blue line signifies the increase of traffic with time.
The green line shows bluehost server response to the increase in traffic. You can see that it remains stable even at the peak point of the traffic increase.
If you are looking for a very fast website, bluehost is the right choice for you.
During all the testing, there was no downtime also. A 100% uptime was recorded through out.
Bluehost Hosting Plans and Features
Depending on your budget, bluehost has something for you. They have wordpress hosting, shared hosting, VPS, dedicated servers, WooCommerce hosting, cloud hosting and much more.
Let’s look at the different plans in a little more detail:
- WordPress hosting: This package is created for WordPress powered websites. It optimizes everything related to wordpress and even secures you from any form of threat.
- Shared hosting: If you are starting out, this is the best plan for you. In the shared hosting, you share servers and other resources. Suitable for websites with low traffic.
- VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting : In VPS you get virtual dedicated resources but in a shared environment. It is an upgrade to shared hosting.
- Dedicated Server Hosting: As the name implies, you have all the resources of the server to yourself. The only negative aspect to a dedicated hosting is that you have to manage the server yourself.
- WowCommerce Hosting: This is the most popular e-commerce plugin in the wordpress platform. It allows you to create an online shop with absolute ease. With this host, you get all the resources to start your online store.
- Cloud Hosting: Makes use of multiple cloud servers. It allows you to easily switch to another server incase of a hardware failure or when the traffic is too high.
For all the bluehost hosting plans, you can install wordpress with 1-click.
Their plans comes with an easy to use C panel that allows you to easily manage your databases.
Bluehost Shared Plans
In this bluehost wordpress hosting review, let’s look at the breakdown of the bluehost shared plans.
For websites that are just starting out bluehost offers a couple of shared plans that makes life pretty easy.
- Allowed one website
- Host one domain and 25 sub-domains
- 50 GB storage
- 5 email accounts with 100 mb storage in each
- First term payment $2.95 per month. Renewal $7.99 per month. (To enjoy the first term cheap price, register as many months as you can at once.)
- Unlimited websites
- Unlimited web space and bandwidth
- Unlimited email accounts
- First term payment is $5.45 per month. The renewal price is $10.99 per month.
- Has all the features of the plus plan.
- Domain privacy
- Site backup pro valued at $80/year.
- First term payment is $5.45. Renewal price is $14.99.
If you are just starting out your website as a beginner , you can use any of the three plans above.
As your website grows, you can easily upgrade to the higher ones.
Bluehost Server Response Time
When you use pingdom, you are seeing how everything in your websites loads.
These includes images. And they take longer time to load than plain text.
To get an accurate result of server response time, we would use a tool called Bitcatcha. It allows your website to load without any data.
From the image above, you can see that the website loaded in a fraction of second. In other places, it loaded at a higher time but it was still under a second.
A second load time is amazing. You wouldn’t be losing any visitors because of a slow site.
Depending on your target viewers, you can change the location of your servers.
Is Bluehost the Right Choice For You?
A lot of websites rank bluehost as the number 1 webhost in the world. I personally make use of bluehost.
When it comes to building a new website, they make it very easy. You are offered a variety of hosting plans depending on your budget.
As a starter, the best option for you is Bluehost. You cannot go wrong with them. It comes with all the tools to help you and you can easily upgrade as your website grows.
Ready to start using Bluehost?
Click the button below to select your hosting plan.
Still on the fence?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions concerning bluehost :
Where are the bluehost servers located?
Their servers are located in Houston, Texan and Provo, Utah.
How much traffic can bluehost take?
Bluehost can take an infinite number of traffic. It all depends on the type of hosting plan that you are using. Bluehost would tell you when your website is taking too much resources then you would need to upgrade.
Can I upgrade a plan?
You can always upgrade your bluehost plan to a higher one. I advice you start with a smaller plan when you are starting out.
Is there a month-month payment?
For the smaller hosting plans like the shared plans, there is no month to month payment. For the bigger plans VPS and dedicated servers, they allow for monthly payment.
Can I create sub-domains?
Sub-domains can be created with ease in the C-panel.
What if I don’t want to create my domain with Bluehost?
It is not compulsory to get your domain from bluehost. You can get your domain from name cheap or godaddy. Bluehost offers free domain to their users so you should take advantage of this.
Do they give SSL?
All bluehost plans comes with SSL. E-commerce plans comes with dedicated IP’s and a private SSL.
Do I need to purchase their add-ons?
It is not compulsory to buy the add-ons. You can uncheck the boxes and buy it anytime you feel like.
Do they offer domain privacy protection?
Bluehost protects your personal information and keeps them private. Things like whois information ,phone address and personal address is kept hidden.
The beauty of bluehost is that they grow with your business. Beginners can start at a low cost and upgrade as the business grows.
Looking for a hosting that offers robust performance, minimal downtime and maximum uptime, knowledgeable support and a fair price? Bluehost is the right option for you.
- Free domain and website builder.
- 1-Click wordpress installation
- 24/7 chat support
- Latest hardware
- Unlimited disk space
- Site back up
- Website security
- Money back guarantee
- Get started with bluehost now!
Share this article on bluehost wordpress hosting review to your friends who might also be on the fence
More Resources :